Injured by Another Driver’s Negligence? It’s Unlikely Your Claim Will Go to Trial
If another driver’s negligence has left you seriously injured in a car accident, you may be dreading having a knock-down-drag-out fight in court. After all, you’ve been injured, maybe facing mounting medical bills and lost earnings, are maybe in an exceptionally vulnerable position, and don’t need the additional discomfort of going to trial. Fortunately, the overwhelming majority of car accident claims are settled out of court. Further, with your experienced New York car accident attorney on your side, you’ll be well prepared for whatever comes your way – even if going to trial becomes your best option.
Your car accident claim will address the serious damages you’ve incurred as a result of the other driver’s negligence, which can include all the following categories:
- Your medical expenses, which will include ongoing healthcare concerns
- Your lost earnings, which may include lost earning potential
- Your pain and suffering, which can lead to overarching emotional challenges
Your dedicated car accident attorney will skillfully negotiate with the insurance company for fair and complete compensation that covers all your damages – in their entirety – which represents your surest path toward a complete recovery.
The Insurance Company
Many car accident victims are thrown by the insurance company’s position in their accident claims. While it is true that the insurance company involved in your claim is paid specifically to compensate you for your losses, this does not mean that the journey toward obtaining fair compensation is going to be smooth sailing. The bottom line is that the insurance company is in the business of making money, and the best way to manage this is by keeping settlements like yours as low as possible. Some of the tools they employ to help them achieve this goal include:
- Offering an early settlement that is far too low to cover your full range of losses (don’t settle before you’ve consulted with an experienced car accident attorney who is familiar with your claim)
- Making the claims process as lengthy and awkward as possible – in an effort to break your spirit
- Calling the seriousness of your damages into question
- Attempting to shift fault onto you (and off of their client)
- Refusing to negotiate fairly
Your car accident attorney has the experience and legal insight to skillfully negotiate with the insurance company and will do everything possible to resolve your case out of court. If, however, the insurance company refuses to make a reasonable settlement offer, your lawyer will likely file a lawsuit on your behalf to pursue the compensation you deserve under the law.
Turn to an Experienced New York Car Accident Attorney for the Legal Guidance You Need
David Kaufman at the Law Office of David M. Kaufman – proudly serving Suffolk County, Nassau County, and all five boroughs of NY County, New York – is a trusted car accident attorney whose practice focuses on helping clients like you obtain the compensation they need to successfully move beyond their injuries. Your case is important, so please don’t wait to contact or call us at 631-802-5120 to schedule a free consultation today.